South Dakota Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for South Dakota. For more information, contact your Clean Cities regional manager or other agencies through the points of contact section.
Filter by Technology/Fuel
Filter by Utility
Laws and Incentives
- South Dakota's National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (NEVI) Planning
- Diesel Emission Reduction Grants
- Biodiesel Blend Tax Credit
- Tax Refund for Methanol Used in Biodiesel Production
- Propane Tax Exemption
- 0 results
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Infrastructure Support
- Commercial Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Rebate - Black Hills Energy
- Residential Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Rebate - Black Hills Energy
- 0 results
Laws and Regulations
Expired, Repealed, and Archived Laws and Incentives
View a list of expired, repealed, and archived laws and incentives in South Dakota.
Points of Contact
Get contact information for Clean Cities coalitions or agencies that can help you with clean transportation laws, incentives, and funding opportunities in South Dakota.
Legislative Session Information
The South Dakota Legislature meets annually from mid-January to early March in even numbered years and to mid-March in odd numbered years. During the session, the governor must sign or veto legislation within five days after transmittal (except weekends and holidays), or the bill becomes law without signature. The governor must act upon legislation transmitted during the last five days of the session within 15 days of adjournment (except weekends and holidays), or the bill becomes law without signature.