Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Charging Fee Analysis
By December 15, 2019, the Vermont Public Utility Commission (Commission), in consultation with electric utilities, the Vermont Agency of Transportation, the Vermont Department of Public Service, and Efficiency Vermont, must submit a report to the legislature evaluating:
- The steps necessary for electric utilities to implement a PEV charging fee;
- A PEV charging tariff design for electric utilities with more than 17,000 customers;
- Whether the Commission should require electric utilities to submit regular reports on PEV charging-related activities;
- The amount of additional revenue electric utilities expect to be generated by PEVs over the next 10 years; and
- How to address the use of net metering and net metering energy credits for PEV charging.