Diesel Emission Reduction Funding
The New Mexico Environment Department (NMED) provides U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Diesel Emission Reduction Act (DERA) funding for heavy-duty on-road new diesel or alternative fuel repowers and replacements, as well as off-road all-electric repowers and replacements. Vehicles that qualify for replacement or repower include:
- Model Year (MY) 1992-2009 Class 8 local freight trucks and port drayage trucks;
- MY 1992-2009 Class 4-7 local freight trucks;
- MY 2009 or older Class 4-8 school buses, shuttle buses, and transit buses;
- Forklifts with greater than 8,000 pounds of lift capacity;
- Port cargo handling equipment; and
- High emissions diesel-powered or spark ignition airport ground support equipment.
For more information, visit the New Mexico DERA website.