Energy Master Plan
New Jersey has developed an Energy Master Plan (EMP) that will guide the State to achieve its goals of electrifying the transportation sector and achieving 100% carbon-neutral electricity generation by 2050. The EMP calls for decarbonization of the transportation sector through:
- Supporting the deployment of 330,000 light-duty electric vehicles (EVs) by 2025;
- Deploying electric vehicle (EV) charging stations throughout the state;
- Creating incentives for EV charging stations;
- Educating consumers and fleet owners on EVs;
- Transitioning state fleet vehicles to EVs;
- Partnering with industry to develop incentives for medium- and heavy-duty all-electric or fuel-cell vehicles; and
- Exploring policies that accelerate the adoption of alternative fuels.
For more information, see the Energy Master Plan website.