Electric Vehicle (EV) Infrastructure Development Support
The Rhode Island Department of Transportation, along with the Division of Motor Vehicles and the Office of Energy Resources, published a statewide public electric vehicle (EV) charging station plan in December 2021. The plan outlines needs, opportunities, and recommendations for expanding EVSE infrastructure in Rhode Island. Recommendations include:
- Invest in incentive programs for EVs and EV charging stations;
- Increase equity considerations in EV and EV charging station programs;
- Increase electrification of transit and school busses and other medium- and heavy-duty vehicles;
- Conduct an analysis on how transportation electrification will impact transportation revenue;
- Support the decarbonization of electricity;
- Develop a clean transportation dashboard to track electrification progress; and,
- Lead by example through state agency action.
(Reference Rhode Island General Laws 31-3.3-1)
Jurisdiction: Rhode Island
Type: Laws and Regulations
Enacted: Jul 13, 2021
Technologies: EVs, PHEVs
See all Rhode Island Laws and Incentives.