Emerging Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Study
The U.S. Department of Transportation must conduct an AFV study, focusing specifically on hydrogen, natural gas, or propane, that identifies:
- Five-year AFV ownership forecasts;
- AFV infrastructure siting locations, including a map, to support the forecasts;
- Includes an evaluation and map that identifies concentrations of emerging AFVs to meet fueling infrastructure needs;
- Barriers to deploying AFV infrastructure at the identified locations; and,
- Additional maps and tools to allow states to compare and evaluate different AFV adoption and use scenarios.
The report must be made publicly available and submitted to Congress by November 15, 2022.
(Reference Public Law 117-58)
Type: Laws and Regulations
Agency: U.S. Department of Transportation
Enacted: Nov 15, 2021
Technologies: Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Natural Gas, Propane (LPG)
See all Federal Laws and Incentives.