Support for Electric Vehicle (EV) and Infrastructure Deployment
The Washington State Department of Commerce and the Washington State Department of Transportation must establish an interagency EV coordinating council (Council) to advance transportation electrification. The Council must:
- Develop a state-wide transportation electrification strategy;
- Identify electric vehicle infrastructure grant-related funding;
- Coordinate grant funding criteria across agency grant programs;
- Develop a robust public and private outreach plan that includes engaging with community organizers and local governments;
- Create an industry EV advisory committee;
- Ensure the new strategies and programs benefit underserved communities; and,
- Provide an annual report to legislature committees summarizing EV implementation progress, gaps, and resource needs.
Type: Laws and Regulations
Enacted: Mar 25, 2022
Technologies: EVs, PHEVs
See all Washington Laws and Incentives.