Support for Interagency Collaboration on Hydrogen Development
The Washington Department of Commerce must establish the Office of Renewable Energy (Office) to leverage, support, and collaborate with other state agencies to:
- Accelerate market development by providing assistance along the entire life cycle of renewable fuel projects;
- Support research on the development and deployment of renewable fuel and use of renewable and green electrolytic hydrogen;
- Drive job creation, improve economic vitality, and support the transition to clean energy;
- Enhance resiliency by using renewable fuels and green electrolytic hydrogen to support climate change mitigation and adaptations; and,
- Partner with underserved communities to ensure communities equitably benefit from clean fuel efforts.