Electric Vehicle (EV) Permitting Support
The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency must convene an EV Permitting Task Force (Task Force) to examine the following:
- Existing or potential challenges related to EV permitting;
- State EV permitting fees and revenue generated from those fees;
- Permitting needs of EV, EV charging station, and EV component parts manufacturers;
- Recommendations to expedite permitting related to EVs;
- Recommendations for the fee structure of permits related to EVs;
- Impacts that state and local permitting processes have on the EV charging station deployments; and,
- Legislative and regulatory actions that can support the EV industry and charging station deployment.
The Task Force must publish a report of their findings by August 1, 2022.
(Reference Reference Public Act 102-0996)