Hydrogen Fuel Production Support
The Hydrogen Study Committee (Committee) must evaluate existing state and federal laws, regulations, and funding sources for hydrogen fuel and recommend legislation related to the production, use, distribution, and storage of hydrogen. The Committee must review the following topics:
- The impacts of hydrogen production from various fuel sources;
- The construction of a dedicated hydrogen pipeline for transportation fuel;
- Long-term opportunities for carbon capture and sequestration;
- Streamlined permitting processes for hydrogen facilities and infrastructure;
- Cost-effective industrial rates for hydrogen production;
- Safety standards regarding the production, use, distribution and storage of hydrogen by state agencies; and
- Economic impacts of the potential hydrogen value chain in Arizona.
The Committee must submit a report of their evaluation and recommendations to the Arizona legislature by September 1, 2023.
(Reference Senate Bill 1396, 2022)