Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging and Clean Transportation Grants
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) provides grants for transportation decarbonization research projects. Priority will be given to projects that include:
- Cost-effective deployment of EV charging for those without access to home charging;
- Innovative solutions to improve mobility options for underserved communities;
- Community engagement to accelerate clean transportation options in underserved communities;
- Research and development to reduce EV battery size and cost, increase EV battery range, and decrease EV battery emissions;
- Electrification of off-road and non-road vehicles, including agricultural, construction, rail, marine, and aviation;
- Materials technologies to improve EV efficiency and affordability;
- Use of the alternative fuels in commercial off-road vehicle technologies, including natural gas, hydrogen, and renewable propane;
- Planning and development of medium- and heavy-duty EV charging and hydrogen fueling corridors and advanced engine and fuel technologies to improve fuel economy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Applicants must demonstrate how proposed projects will benefit underserved communities that lack access to clean transportation options.
Agency: U.S. Department of Energy
Technologies: EVs, Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Natural Gas, PHEVs
See all Federal Laws and Incentives.