Cellulosic Ethanol Production Financing

The Kansas Development Finance Authority may issue revenue bonds to cover the costs of construction or expansion of a biomass-to-energy facility. A qualifying biomass-to-energy facility includes any industrial process plant that uses biomass to produce at least 500,000 gallons of cellulosic alcohol fuel, liquid or gaseous fuel, or other source of energy in a quantity with energy content at least equal to that of 500,000 gallons of cellulosic alcohol fuel. Expansion of an existing biomass-to-energy facility is defined as expansion of the facility’s production capacity by a minimum of 10%.

(Reference Kansas Statutes 74-8949b and 79-32,233)

Jurisdiction: Kansas

Type: State Incentives

Enacted: Apr 13, 2007

Technologies: Ethanol

See all Kansas Laws and Incentives.