Inter-Agency Fleet Improvement Coordination
The Colorado Energy Office, Department of Transportation (CDOT), Department of Public Health and Environment, and Department of Personnel and Administration (DPA) will establish a State Fleet Sub-Council (Sub-Council) to help develop, implement, and improve programs, plans, and policies that save money, reduce emissions, promote domestic fuel use, and conserve natural resources. The Sub-Council will:
- Develop standard procedures and formulas for modeling and monitoring potential alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) and fuel reduction efforts that link acquisition and operations budgets;
- Create an idle reduction policy for state agencies;
- Create a process that allows fleet coordinators to replace vehicles with AFVs before standard retirement age if the replacement is cost-effective;
- Identify and evaluate other fuel-saving practices and develop procedures for their implementation; and
- Evaluate alternative financing options for state fleet vehicles including leasing, energy performance contracting, and other options that may reduce costs.
In addition, DPA and CDOT will establish policies and procedures to promote the cost-effective use of non-petroleum fuel vehicles and other fleet efficiency improvements. The policies must strive for the use of non-petroleum based fuels at least 90% of the time when cost-effective.
(Reference Executive Order D 2015-013, 2015)
Type: Laws and Regulations
Enacted: Oct 28, 2015
Technologies: Biodiesel, Ethanol, EVs, Fuel Economy / Efficiency, HEVs, Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Idle Reduction, Natural Gas, PHEVs, Propane (LPG)
See all Colorado Laws and Incentives.