Alternative Fuel Commercial User Tax

Need Help? Something Missing?

Email the Technical Response Service or call 800-254-6735.

An alternative fuel commercial user that has not paid fuel taxes to an alternative fuel dealer must file a monthly report with the Michigan Department of Treasury (Department) to determine taxes owed under Michigan Compiled Laws 207.1152. By the twentieth day of each month, users must file the report detailing the number of gallons or gallon equivalents of alternative fuel consumed during the preceding month. Alternative fuel commercial users must pay the full amount of tax due to the Department at the time of filing the report. (Reference Michigan Compiled Laws 207.1154)