Michigan Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for Michigan. Your Clean Cities coordinator at Greater Lansing Area Clean Cities can provide you with information about grants and other opportunities. You can also access coordinator and other agency contact information in the points of contact section.
Laws and Incentives
Information in this list is updated annually after Michigan's legislative session ends.
Last Updated October 2020
- Alternative Fuel Development Property Tax Exemption
- Medium- and Heavy-Duty Grant Program
- Charge Up Michigan Placement Project
- Natural Gas Fueling Station Air Quality Permit Exemption
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Emissions Inspection Exemption
- Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) Weight Exemption
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Rebate - Consumers Energy
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Charging Rate Reduction - Consumers Energy
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Charging Rate - Indiana Michigan Power
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle Charging Rates - DTE Energy
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Rebate – DTE Energy
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Rebate – Holland Board of Public Works (HBPW)
- Propane Vehicle Conversion Rebate – Michigan Propane Gas Association
Laws and Regulations
Expired, Repealed, and Archived Laws and IncentivesView a list of expired, repealed, and archived laws and incentives in Michigan.