Lake Michigan Electric Vehicle (EV) Circuit
Michigan joined Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin (Signatory States) in signing the Lake Michigan EV Circuit Tour memorandum of understanding (MOU) to create an EV charging corridor along the Lake Michigan coastline that is intended to make it possible to seamlessly drive an EV across the Signatory States’ that border Lake Michigan. Signatory States are committed to:
- Coordinating on regional EV charging infrastructure siting and deployment strategies;
- Achieving a consistent EV charging station user experience across Signatory States;
- Encouraging EV tourism around Lake Michigan;
- Removing barriers to EV adoption and reducing range anxiety;
- Identifying and developing best practices for EV charging, infrastructure optimization, information sharing, and electricity demand management;
- Providing reliable long-distance driving routes for EV drivers.
The Signatory States will maintain a working group composed of senior leadership from each state who will meet and report on the above actions. For more information, see the MOU.