Special Fuel Tax Exemption

Something Missing?

Email the Technical Response Service or call 800-254-6735.

Natural gas sold in bulk quantities of 500 gallons or more for use in municipal-owned vehicles may be exempt from the fuel excise tax. To receive the exemption, municipalities must submit an application to the State Tax Commissioner along with an affidavit, a copy of invoices, and the paid sales slips. (Reference West Virginia Code 11-14-3 and 11-14-5)