Multi-Unit Dwelling (MUD) Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Deployment Assessment
The Hawaii State Energy Office must convene a working group to evaluate opportunities and barriers for installing EV charging stations in MUDs. The working group must:
- Assess barriers to EV charging stations at MUDs;
- Consider changes to state statutes and administrative code to support EV charging station deployment at MUDs;
- Identify best practices for EV charging station installations at MUDs;
- Create guidelines for EV charging stations in MUDs;
- Develop solutions for EV charging cost recovery and electrical capacity management; and,
- Develop recommendations for installing shared-use EV charging stations at MUDs.
The working group must prepare a report of its findings, recommendations, and proposed legislation and submit it to the Hawaii Legislature 20 days prior to the 2023 legislative session.
(Reference House Resolution 42, 2022 and Senate Resolution 91, 2022)