Multi-Unit Dwelling (MUD) Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station Deployment Assessment
The Hawaii State Energy Office must convene a working group to evaluate opportunities and barriers for installing EV charging stations in MUDs. The working group must:
- Assess barriers to EV charging stations at MUDs;
- Consider changes to state statutes and administrative code to support EV charging station deployment at MUDs;
- Identify best practices for EV charging station installations at MUDs;
- Create guidelines for EV charging stations in MUDs;
- Develop solutions for EV charging cost recovery and electrical capacity management; and,
- Develop recommendations for installing shared-use EV charging stations at MUDs.
The working group must prepare a report of its findings, recommendations, and proposed legislation and submit it to the Hawaii Legislature 20 days prior to the 2023 legislative session.