Hawaii Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for Hawaii. Your Clean Cities coordinator at Sustainable Transportation Coalition of Hawaii can provide you with information about grants and other opportunities. You can also access coordinator and other agency contact information in the points of contact section.
Laws and Incentives
Information in this list is updated annually after Hawaii's legislative session ends.
Last Updated July 2018
- Renewable Fuels Production Incentive
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) Lane and Parking Fee Exemptions
Laws and Regulations
- Public Utility Definition Exemption
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Parking Requirement
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Requirements
- Alternative Fuel Standard Development
- Alternative Fuel and Advanced Vehicle Acquisition Requirements
- Clean Transportation Promotion
- Biofuels Production Land Use Allowance and Exemption
- Idle Reduction Requirement
- Energy Feedstock Program
- Biofuels Procurement Preference
- Hydrogen Implementation Working Group
- Renewable Hydrogen Program
- Alternative Fuel Tax Rate
- Neighborhood Electric Vehicle (NEV) Access to Roadways
Expired, Repealed, and Archived Laws and IncentivesView a list of expired, repealed, and archived laws and incentives in Hawaii.