Alternative Fuel Promotion
The Missouri Alternative Fuels Commission (Commission) promotes the continued production and use of alternative transportation fuels in Missouri. The Commission submits a report annually to the governor and general assembly that includes:
- Recommendations on changes to state law to facilitate the sale and distribution of alternative fuels and alternative fuel vehicles (AFV);
- Promotes the development, sale, distribution, and consumption of alternative fuels;
- Promotes the development and use of AFVs and technology that will enhance the use of alternative and renewable fuels;
- Educates consumers about alternative fuels; and,
- develops a long-range plan for the state to reduce consumption of petroleum fuels.