Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Conversion Registration

Something Missing?

Email the Technical Response Service or call 800-254-6735.

When a motor vehicle is modified to use a different fuel type or more than one type of fuel, the vehicle's registered owner must notify the county treasurer of the new fuel type or alternative fuel types within 30 days. If the vehicle is able to use a special fuel, the county treasurer will issue a special fuel identification sticker. (Reference Iowa Code 321.41)