Fuel Quality Standards
The South Dakota Department of Public Safety may authorize fuel quality standards and enforce fuel rules that conform to appropriate ASTM standards, including:
- Standards for the maximum volume percentages of ethanol and methanol in alcohol blended fuels;
- A program and prescribed methods for the inspection and testing of alcohol blended fuels, petroleum products, biodiesel, and biodiesel blends;
- Labeling requirements for devices dispensing alcohol blended fuels, biodiesel, and biodiesel blends;
- Standards setting the specifications and tolerance requirements for petroleum products, biodiesel, and biodiesel blends; and
- Regulations for filtering systems used on devices dispensing alcohol blended fuels.
(Reference South Dakota Statutes 37-2-6)