Renewable Fuel Promotion
The Texas Bioenergy Policy Council and the Texas Bioenergy Research Committee were established to promote the goal of making biofuels a significant part of the energy industry in Texas by January 1, 2019. The Policy Council is tasked with the following:
- Provide a vision for unifying the state’s agricultural, energy, and research strengths in a successful launch of a cellulosic biofuel and bioenergy industry;
- Foster development of cellulosic and bio-based fuels;
- Pursue the creation of a next-generation biofuels energy research program at a university in the state;
- Pursue federal and other funding to position the state as a bioenergy leader;
- Study the feasibility and economic development effect of a blending requirement for biodiesel or cellulosic fuels;
- Pursue the development and use of thermochemical process technologies to produce alternative chemical feedstocks; and
- Study the feasibility and economic development of the requirements for renewable natural gas.
(Reference Texas Statutes, Agriculture Code 50D)
Type: Laws and Regulations
Enacted: Jun 19, 2009
Technologies: Biodiesel, Ethanol, Natural Gas
See all Texas Laws and Incentives.