State Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Study
At the direction of the Alaska Legislature, the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities issued a report on the feasibility of using CNG to power vehicles in the state. The study:
- Reviewed existing government programs and incentives in North America that promote the use of CNG;
- Reviewed and summarized relevant studies and investigations on existing public policy incentives that encourage the use of CNG;
- Evaluated the environmental benefits and technical merits of using CNG;
- Considered the economic, environmental, and technological advantages and disadvantages of using and promoting the use of CNG; and
- Set out a proposal for a CNG expansion program in the state.
(Reference Alaska Statutes 44.42.020(a)(3))