Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Infrastructure Promotion
The Maryland Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Council (Council) promotes the use of PEVs in the state. Specific responsibilities of the Council include the following:
- Develop an action plan to facilitate successful integration of PEVs into the Maryland transportation network;
- Assist in developing and coordinating statewide standards for streamlined permitting and installation of electric vehicle supply equipment;
- Recommend a statewide charging infrastructure plan and incentives to support investment in PEVs;
- Develop targeted policies to support fleet purchases of PEVs; and
- Encourage local and regional efforts to promote the use of PEVs.