Regional Electric Vehicle (REV) West Plan
Nevada joined Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming (Signatory States) in signing the REV West memorandum of understanding (MOU) to create an Intermountain West Electric Vehicle (EV) Corridor that will make it possible to seamlessly drive an EV across the Signatory States’ major transportation corridors.
In 2019, the Signatory States signed a revised REV West MOU to update their EV corridor goals based on progress to date. Signatory States are committed to:
- Educate consumers and fleet owners to raise EV awareness, reduce range anxiety, and increase EV adoption;
- Coordinate on EV charging station locations to achieve a consistent user experience across Signatory States;
- Use and promote the REV West Voluntary Minimum Standards for EV charging stations and explore opportunities for implementing the standards in Signatory States;
- Identify and develop opportunities to incorporate EV charging stations into planning and development processes such as building codes, metering policies, and renewable energy generation projects;
- Encourage EV manufacturers to stock and market a wide variety of EVs within the Signatory States;
- Identify, respond to, and collaborate on funding opportunities to support the development of the plan; and
- Support the build-out of direct current fast charging (DCFC) stations along EV corridors through investments, partnerships, and other mechanisms.
The Signatory States maintain a coordination group composed of senior leadership from each state who meet on a quarterly basis and report on the above actions. For more information, see the REV West website.