Heavy-Duty Vehicle Emissions Reduction Grants
Through the Vermont Diesel Emissions Reduction Grants Program, the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) provides funding to local, state and regional agencies or departments, businesses, institutions, and nonprofit organizations for projects focused on reducing emissions from diesel engines and vehicles. Qualifying heavy-duty vehicles include buses and Class 5-8 trucks. Projects eligible for funding are as follows:
- Verified emission control technologies;
- Verified idle reduction technologies;
- Verified aerodynamic technologies and low rolling resistance tires;
- Certified engine replacements;
- Alternative fuel conversions; and
- Certified vehicle or equipment replacements.
All technologies and engines must be certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Alternative fuels include, but are not limited to, natural gas, propane, and electricity. Cost share requirements vary by project. For more information, including application details, see the DEC Vermont Diesel Emissions Reduction Grants website.
Type: State Incentives
Technologies: Aftermarket Conversions, Biodiesel, EVs, Hydrogen Fuel Cells, Idle Reduction, Natural Gas, PHEVs, Propane (LPG)
See all Vermont Laws and Incentives.