Diesel Emission Reduction Project Funding
The Wyoming Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) offers grants for nitrogen oxide emissions reduction projects. Funding is for heavy-duty on-road new diesel or alternative fuel repowers and replacements, as well as off-road repowers and replacements. Both government and non-government entities are eligible for funding. Vehicles that qualify for replacement or repower include:
- Model Year (MY) 1992-2009 Class 8 local freight trucks and port drayage trucks;
- MY 1992-2009 Class 4-7 local freight trucks;
- MY 2009 or older Class 4-8 school buses, shuttle buses, and transit buses;
- Airport ground support equipment;
- Light-duty zero emission vehicle supply equipment; and
- Diesel Emission Reduction Act projects.
This grant program is funded by Wyoming’s portion of the Volkswagen Environmental Mitigation Trust. For more information, including how to apply, see the Wyoming DEQ’S Volkswagen Settlement website.