Regional Electric Vehicle (REV) Midwest Plan
Illinois joined Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin (Signatory States) in signing the REV Midwest memorandum of understanding (MOU) to accelerate vehicle electrification in the Midwest. Signatory States are committed to:
- Accelerate medium- and heavy-duty fleet electrification;
- Collaborate on regional electric vehicle (EV) charging station siting and deployment analyses with a focus on commercial routes;
- Standardize regulations, messaging, and customer experience related to electric vehicles (EVs) across state lines;
- Evaluate opportunities for workforce development;
- Identify historically disadvantaged communities for equitable EV charging station development and EV adoption; and,
- Educate consumers and fleet owners to raise EV awareness, reduce range anxiety, and increase EV adoption.
The Signatory States maintain a coordination group composed of senior leadership from each state who meet and report on the above actions. For more information, see the REV Midwest Partnership Announcement.
Type: Laws and Regulations
Enacted: Sep 30, 2021
Technologies: EVs, PHEVs
See all Illinois Laws and Incentives.