Hydrogen and Electric Vehicle (EV) Rebate Program Administration
The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) must further develop the Connecticut Hydrogen and Electric Automobile Purchase Rebate (CHEAPR) program by:
- Establishing an Advisory Board of various government and industry members to direct the allocation of CHEAPR funds;
- Providing at least 3 million dollars of rebates and vouchers to residents for the purchase or lease of new or pre-owned EV or fuel cell electric vehicle annually;
- Prioritizing the allocation of funds to residents of environmental justice communities;
- Beginning on June 20, 2024, reporting annually on the effectiveness of the CHEAPR program; and,
- Conducting outreach programs and marketing campaigns for the promotion of the program.
(Reference Connecticut General Statutes 22a-202)
Type: Laws and Regulations
Enacted: May 10, 2022
Technologies: EVs, Hydrogen Fuel Cells, PHEVs
See all Connecticut Laws and Incentives.