Alabama Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for Alabama. Your Clean Cities coordinator at Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition can provide you with information about grants and other opportunities. You can also access coordinator and other agency contact information in the points of contact section.
Filter by Technology/Fuel
Laws and Incentives
Information in this list is updated annually after Alabama's legislative session ends.
Last Updated July 2020
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Grant Program
- Alternative Fuel and Idle Reduction Revolving Loan Program for Public Entities
- Medium- and Heavy-Duty Diesel Vehicle Replacement Rebates
- Biofuel Research and Development Funding
- Biofuel Production Jobs Tax Credit
- Idle Reduction and Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) Weight Exemption
- Residential Electric Vehicle Time-Of-Use (TOU) Rates - Alabama Power
- Commercial Electric Vehicle Time-Of-Use (TOU) Rates - Alabama Power added 7/22/2021
Laws and Regulations
Expired, Repealed, and Archived Laws and IncentivesView a list of expired, repealed, and archived laws and incentives in Alabama.