Support for Plug-In Electric Vehicles (PEVs) and Autonomous Vehicles (AVs)
The Massachusetts Commission on the Future of Transportation in the Commonwealth (Commission) was established to advise the Governor's Office on how to understand and plan for transportation advancements, including the increasing deployment of PEVs and AVs, in the Commonwealth from 2020 through 2040. The Commission investigated the following topics:
- Transportation electrification and the infrastructure necessary to support the increasing deployment of PEVs;
- Autonomous and connected vehicles and the infrastructure necessary to support the increasing deployment of these technologies;
- Impact of on-demand transit and mobility services on public transportation;
- Impact of greenhouse gas emissions on transportation and methods to increase resiliency of transportation infrastructure; and
- Land use or demographic changes that will shape future transportation planning.