Diesel Emission Reduction Project Funding
The Maine Department of Transportation (MaineDOT) is accepting applications for funding of heavy-duty on-road new diesel or alternative fuel repowers and replacements, as well as off-road all-electric repowers and replacements. Both government and non-government entities are eligible for funding. Vehicles that qualify for replacement or repower include:
- Model Year (MY) 1992-2009 Class 8 local freight trucks and port drayage trucks;
- MY 1992-2009 Class 4-7 local freight trucks;
- MY 2009 or older Class 4-8 school buses, shuttle buses, and transit buses;
- Forklifts with greater than 8,000 pounds of lift capacity;
- Port cargo handling equipment; and
- High emissions diesel-powered or spark ignition airport ground support equipment.
Eligible alternative fuels include, but are not limited to, compressed natural gas, propane, and electricity. This grant program is funded by Maine’s portion of the Volkswagen (VW) Environmental Mitigation Trust. For more information, including how to apply, see the MaineDOT Applications for Funding website.