Diesel Emission Reduction Project Funding
The Maine Department of Transportation (MaineDOT) is accepting applications for funding of heavy-duty on-road new diesel or alternative fuel repowers and replacements, as well as off-road all-electric repowers and replacements. Funding for this program is not currently available (verified May 2020). Both government and non-government entities are eligible for funding. Vehicles that qualify for replacement or repower include:
- Model Year (MY) 1992-2009 Class 8 local freight trucks and port drayage trucks;
- MY 1992-2009 Class 4-7 local freight trucks;
- MY 2009 or older Class 4-8 school buses, shuttle buses, and transit buses;
- Forklifts with greater than 8,000 pounds of lift capacity;
- Port cargo handling equipment; and
- High emissions diesel-powered or spark ignition airport ground support equipment.