Maine Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for Maine. Your Clean Cities coordinator at Maine Clean Communities can provide you with information about grants and other opportunities. You can also access coordinator and other agency contact information in the points of contact section.
Laws and Incentives
Information in this list is updated annually after Maine's legislative session ends.
Last Updated June 2018
- Diesel Emission Reduction Project Funding
- Biodiesel Fuel Tax Exemption
- Idle Reduction Weight Exemption
- Low-Speed Vehicle Inspection Exemption
Laws and Regulations
- State Plan to Reduce Petroleum Consumption
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Charging Regulation Exemption
- Plug-In Electric Vehicle (PEV) Infrastructure Development
- Autonomous Vehicle (AV) Testing and Operation Authorization for Municipalities
- Support for Autonomous Vehicles (AVs)
- Idle Reduction Requirement
- Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Sales Requirements and Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) Standards
- Alternative Fuel Tax Rates
- Low-Speed Vehicle Access to Roadways
- Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Acquisition Requirements
- Provision for Establishment of Clean Fuel Vehicle Insurance Incentives
- Biodiesel-Blended Diesel Documentation Requirement
- Prohibition of the Sale of Ethanol-Blended Gasoline
Expired, Repealed, and Archived Laws and IncentivesView a list of expired, repealed, and archived laws and incentives in Maine.