Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) Deployment
The Oregon Department of Energy (ODOE) will monitor state ZEV adoption goal progress for registered vehicles, new vehicle purchases, and the state fleet. The state established the following goals for registered vehicles
- By 2020, 50,000 registered vehicles will be ZEV;
- By 2025, 250,000 registered vehicles with be ZEV; and
- By 2030, 25% of vehicles registered will be ZEV.
In addition, the state established the following goals for new vehicle purchases:
- By 2030, 50% of all new vehicle purchases will be ZEV; and
- By 2035, 90% of all new vehicle purchases will be ZEV.
By 2029, all state fleet vehicles should be ZEVs. ODOE must submit a biannual report by September 15 on the status of ZEV adoption. If ZEV adoption goals are not met, ODOE report must include strategies for increased adoption rates.
(Reference Oregon Revised Statutes 283.327 and 283.398)