Natural Gas Vehicle Availability
There are many heavy-duty natural gas vehicles (NGVs)—as well as a number of light-duty NGVs—available from original equipment manufacturers. Qualified system retrofitters can also economically, safely, and reliably convert many vehicles for natural gas operation.
A number of dedicated and bi-fuel, light-duty NGVs are available directly from original equipment manufacturers.
- Use the Alternative Fuel and Advanced Vehicle Search tool to see natural gas vehicles available.
- Use the Vehicle Cost Calculator tool to understand costs associated with buying and fueling vehicles.
- Go to the U.S. Department of Energy/U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Fuel Economy Guide to compare these vehicles with others for environmental impact and fuel/cost savings.
Natural gas engines can be used in a variety of heavy-duty vehicles for various applications, such as transit buses, school buses, and refuse trucks.
- Use the Alternative Fuel and Advanced Vehicle Search tool to see available natural gas vehicles.
- For more information about which vehicles feature natural gas engines, contact a vehicle manufacturer.
Find out about options for converting conventional vehicles to run on natural gas.
Learn about buying and selling pre-owned alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles.
For more information, see the AFDC's information on natural gas or: