West Virginia Transportation Data for Alternative Fuels and Vehicles
Find transportation data and information about alternative fuels and advanced vehicles in West Virginia, including laws and incentives, fueling stations, fuel prices, and more.
Clean Cities Coalitions
Clean Cities builds partnerships to advance alternative fuels and energy-efficient vehicle technologies through a national network of more than 75 coalitions.
There are no coalitions in West Virginia.
|Gasoline (million gallons/year)||795|
|Diesel (million gallons/year)||280|
|Electricity (thousand MWh/year)||30,817|
|Natural Gas (million cubic feet)||74,300|
|Conventional Power Plants||20|
|Generating Capacity (nameplate, MW)||16,475|
|Oil Refinery Capacity (bbl/day)||20,000|
|Renewable Power Plants||13|
|Renewable Power Plant Capacity (nameplate, MW)||751|
Source: Biofuels Atlas from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Regional Fuel Prices
Average fuel prices as of April 2021
|Fuel||Lower Atlantic Region||National Average|
|per unit sold||per GGE||per unit sold||per GGE|
|Natural Gas (CNG)||$1.92/GGE||$1.92/GGE||$2.19/GGE||$2.19/GGE|
Electricity Sources and Vehicle Emissions
Source: Energy Information Administration, Electricity Net Generation, Open Data API. Learn more about emissions from hybrid and plug-in electric vehicles.
- Development of a National Liquid Propane (Autogas) Refueling Network, Clean School Bus/Vehicle Incentive, and Green Jobs Outreach Program
- No One Silver Bullet, But a Lot of Silver Beebees
- The Alternative Fuel Vehicle Curriculum Development and Outreach Initiative
- VoICE-MR: Vocation Integrated Cost Estimation for Maintenance and Repair of Alternative Fuel Vehicles
- West Virginia Data – U.S. Energy Information Administration
- West Virginia State Energy Office
- West Virginia – National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO)
- Maps and Data – Alternative Fuels Data Center
- Maps – National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Projection Tool (EVI-Pro) Lite