Louisiana Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for Louisiana. Your Clean Cities coordinator at your local coalition can provide you with information about grants and other opportunities. You can also access coordinator and other agency contact information in the points of contact section.
Laws and Incentives
Information in this list is updated annually after Louisiana's legislative session ends.
Last Updated August 2018
- Natural Gas Vehicle Weight Exemption
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) and Fueling Infrastructure Tax Credit
- Provision for Green Jobs Tax Credit
Laws and Regulations
- Propane Self-Service Fueling Station Regulations
- Alternative Fuel Excise Taxes
- Alternative Fuel and Advanced Vehicle Acquisition Requirements
- Renewable Fuel Standard
- Biofuels Feedstock Requirements
- Low-Speed Vehicle Access to Roadways
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Propane Regulatory Authority
- Deregulation of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) as a Motor Fuel
Expired, Repealed, and Archived Laws and IncentivesView a list of expired, repealed, and archived laws and incentives in Louisiana.