Montana Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for Montana. Your Clean Cities coordinator at Yellowstone-Teton Clean Cities Coalition can provide you with information about grants and other opportunities. You can also access coordinator and other agency contact information in the points of contact section.
Laws and Incentives
Information in this list is updated annually after Montana's legislative session ends.
Last Updated May 2019
- Transit Bus Replacement Grants
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Conversion Tax Credit
- Ethanol Production Incentive
- Ethanol Production Facility Property Tax Exemption
- Biodiesel Blending Tax Credit
- Biodiesel Tax Refund
- Alternative Fuel and Vehicle Production Property Tax Incentive
- Biodiesel Tax Exemption
Laws and Regulations
- Public Utility Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Authorization
- Regional Electric Vehicle (REV) West Plan
- Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Acquisition Requirements
- Ethanol Fuel Blend Use Requirement
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Propane Tax
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Propane Dealer License
- Energy Performance Contract Authorization
- Low-Speed Electric Vehicle (EV) Access to Roadways
- Medium-Speed Electric Vehicle (EV) Access to Roadways
Expired, Repealed, and Archived Laws and IncentivesView a list of expired, repealed, and archived laws and incentives in Montana.