District of Columbia Laws and Incentives
Listed below are incentives, laws, and regulations related to alternative fuels and advanced vehicles for District of Columbia. Your Clean Cities coordinator at Greater Washington Region Clean Cities Coalition can provide you with information about grants and other opportunities. You can also access coordinator and other agency contact information in the points of contact section.
Laws and Incentives
District of Columbia Information
Information in this list is updated annually after District of Columbia's legislative session ends.
Last Updated October 2018
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Conversion and Infrastructure Tax Credit
- Reduced Registration Fee for Alternative Fuel and Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
- Alternative Fuel and Fuel-Efficient Vehicle Title Tax Exemption
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Exemption from Driving Restrictions
- All-Electric Vehicle (EV) Rebate - Pepco added 10/19/2018
Laws and Regulations
- Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Pilot Program added 11/2/2018
- Autonomous Vehicle (AV) Study added 11/2/2018
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle and Infrastructure Support added 11/2/2018
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Acquisition Requirements
- Idle Reduction Requirement
- Low Emission Vehicle (LEV) Standards
- Passenger Vehicle Procurement Requirements
Expired, Repealed, and Archived Laws and IncentivesView a list of expired, repealed, and archived laws and incentives in District of Columbia.